For what he gives away remains his forever”
While the Kulis Foundation enthusiastically supports the Orthodox and Hellenic communities and their agencies, it is an independent organization and is not affiliated with or under the direction or control of a particular archdiocese, metropolis, jurisdiction, or church.
The John C. Kulis Charitable Foundation, commonly known as the Kulis Foundation, is a 501(c)(3) non-profit foundation dedicated to supporting religious, humanitarian, and educational initiatives benefiting Orthodox Christian and Hellenic communities worldwide. The Foundation hopes that its philanthropic efforts will help to strengthen these communities and welcomes any requests that align with this mission.
Dr. John C. Kulis
John Kulis (Kuskulis) was born on February 5, 1925 in Andritsaina, Greece and immigrated with his family to the United States in approximately 1928. Prior to obtaining his medical doctorate, Dr. Kulis proudly served in the United States Army during World War II and received multiple accolades. After receiving his honorable discharge in 1946, Dr. Kulis moved to Chicago and entered Loyola University to pursue his medical education. Focusing his practice on internal medicine and hematology, Dr. Kulis enjoyed a long and successful career, serving on the staff of numerous Chicago-area hospitals and as a clinical instructor.
Throughout his life, Dr. Kulis was a fervent supporter of Orthodox Christian values and was a proud member of the Greek Orthodox community. In 2013, in an effort to ensure that his support would continue after his death, Dr. Kulis established the Kulis Foundation to provide financial support to programs and initiatives that would assist these communities. The Kulis Foundation continues in his memory with the hopes of providing financial and technical assistance to individuals and organizations that share Dr. Kulis’ commitment to supporting humanitarian efforts in the Greek community and surrounding areas as well as programs promoting Orthodox Christian values.